This honour rewards the efforts made by Hachette Livre to raise awareness about eco-design among employees.
The company implemented several different approaches:
- weeks with a focus on eco-design;
- informational flyers on eco-design best practices;
- an in-house eco-challenge that showcases the most impactful projects;
- a showroom to make eco-designed products more visible;
- and a wide range of awareness-raising events (Climate mural, Biodiversity mural, Digital
Fully conscious of its responsibility as the publishing leader and true to its longstanding commitment to environmental protection, Hachette Livre is now more committed than ever before to continuing to improve its environmental footprint, in particular by rethinking the different stages in the lifecycle of a book (from editing to manufacturing, transport, sales, promotion, end of life and recycling).
“This award is an endorsement of our environmental policy, which is fully in line with the Lagardère group’s CSR strategy. I would especially like to congratulate Gaëtan Ruffault, Senior Vice President, Human Resources and Corporate Social and Environmental Responsibility, and his teams, and all our employees, for their engagement with these important issues. This honour will further boost our momentum as we pursue our commitment and deliver concrete solutions to the major CSR challenges of today and tomorrow,” affirmed Pierre Leroy, Chairman & CEO of Hachette Livre.