When browsing our site or using any hachette.com application (hereinafter the “Site”), cookies may be saved in the browser of your computer, tablet or smartphone, or other device.
The Site uses cookie technology to allow you to log in and access your account, subject to your preferences regarding cookies. You can modify your preferences at any time.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a file containing a set of characters that is sent to your device when you browse a website or use an application.
The cookie allows the Site to recognize you when you return at a later time.
What types of cookies are there?
The Site uses several types of cookies, each with a different purpose. Some are required if you wish to use our entire range of services.
Strictly necessary cookies
the services offered on our Site. They are placed on our Site by the Company Hachette Livre and are only used to ensure that it functions properly.
The essential cookies that we send on our Site enable us to:
- remember where you are with an order;
- give you access to personal and protected areas of our Site – such as your account – by using your username and password or other data that you may have previously entrusted us with;
- adapt the appearance of our Site to your device’s display preferences (language, display resolution, operating system, etc.) when you visit our Site, in accordance with the hardware and software used by your device for viewing and reading data;
- provide a secure connection;
- implement security measures, such as when you are asked to log in again to access content or a service after a certain period of time.
These cookies allow us to learn about how our Site is used and how it performs, so as to improve the way it operates. These cookies may be placed on our Site by the Company Hachette Livre or by third-party providers.
Analytics Cookies we issue on our website enable us to:
- count the number of visitors to our Site for statistical purposes;
- build statistics on traffic volumes and on the use of the various components of our Site (e.g. pages and content visited, navigation preferences) so we can improve the relevance and usability of our services;
- ensure that the Site is consistent;
- analyze your manner of browsing and measure the audience of our Site;
- record cookies from the Site to analyze how the Site functions and how you move around on the Site. This information then allows us to make changes to the Site to improve your online experience.
These cookies enable us to customize your use of our Site. They allow you to save your choices and preferences, and they can also be used to provide you with features that you have requested.
The functionality cookies we send on our Site enable us to:
- provide you with access to protected and personal areas of our Site such as the “Work for us” section, where you can use your account to apply for job offers, with your username and password or other data that you may have previously entrusted us with;
- remember what is in your shopping cart;
- remember your login information in a secure manner;
- store the number of job offers per page as a list and a mosaic;
- store the number of job offers in the cart.
Your options for managing cookies
Certain cookies have specific purposes; for this reason they are sent to your browser without giving you an opportunity to disable them. These include things like session identifier cookies used solely for the purpose of enabling or facilitating electronic communication.
When it comes to managing cookies, you have several options. Depending on the options you choose, your experience on the Website may be altered or your access to certain online services requiring cookies limited.
You do not have to enable cookies. You can change your browser settings to disable cookies. You can also set your browser to alert you as to which cookies have been sent to your computer and ask you to enable or disable them. You can also enable or disable (or remove) cookies on a case-by-case basis or disable all cookies.
You can change these settings at any time.
Option 1 – Enable cookies
In order for a cookie to be installed on your computer, you have to enable cookies.
If you enable cookies, the cookies on the websites you use may be saved temporarily in a given location on your computer. The cookies can only be read by their sender.
Option 2 – Disable cookies
You can disable cookies at any time.
If you do choose to disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain website features, such as those requiring you to log in.
If cookies have been disabled on your browser, we cannot be held liable for downgraded operation of the services on the Website due to the fact that we cannot store or consult the cookies required for normal operation of the Website.
Changing your browser settings to manage cookies
To control the cookies on your computer, you need to change your browser settings. The settings are different for each browser. For more information, consult your browser’s online help.
In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options. Click the General tab and, under Browsing History, click Settings. Then click the View Files button.
Click the column header Name to sort files alphabetically by name. Scroll down the list until you find file names starting with “Cookie” (all cookies start with this prefix and their file names generally also contain the name of the website that sent the cookie).
Select cookies containing the name of the Company and delete them.
Close the window with the list of files, and then double-click OK to return to Internet Explorer.
Pour plus d’informations, consultez la page web suivante : http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
In Safari, go to the Safari menu and select Preferences. Click Security. Click Show Cookies. Select the cookies that contain the name of the Company and click Remove or Remove All. Once you have removed the cookies, click Done.
For further information about cookie settings in Safari, see: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/3.0/fr/9277.htm
Go to the Chrome menu in the toolbar. Select Settings. Click Show advanced settings. Go to the Privacy section. Click the Show cookies button. Select the cookies containing the name of the Company and delete them. Click Close to return to your browser.
For further information about cookie settings in Chrome, see: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&hlrm=en
Go to the Tools tab in Firefox and select the Options menu. In the window that opens, select Privacy and click Show Cookies. Select cookies containing the name of the Company and delete them.
For further information about cookie settings in Firefox, see: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences