Hachette Livre, as a global company, considers social and environmental responsibility one of its core values. In that context, sustainability is a key objective for all aspects of our business.
While each of our national subsidiaries has its own environmental policy, tailored to the specific needs and expectations of the countries it operates in, we have an over-arching, global commitment to:
- Improve our environmental performance
- Reduce our carbon footprint
- Make responsible use of natural resources
- Eliminate our impact on endangered forests.
This will be achieved by:
- Measuring and analysing our carbon footprint on a regular basis, in the most unbiased way, with the best tools available.
- Reporting on our performance
- Identifying the elements of our activity that need correcting or improving
- Acting decisively on each and every one of those activities
- Making sure, with whatever means available, that we are sourcing our products from suppliers who share our philosophy
- Increasing our recycled and certified paper content with a preference for PEFC or, better still, FSC
- Raising the environmental awareness of our publishers
- Raising the environmental awareness of retailers and consumers
- Sharing our findings and expertise with other companies in the industry
- Improving our processes on an on-going basis in order to make them more environmentally friendly